Pumpkin Action for Riding Lessons!
Don't forget to check out the pumpkin riding activity PDFs at the bottom of this page
First Procure Pumpkins:
- Ask each student to bring a clean pumpkin.
- Suggest to students when their pumpkin survives the activities may either decorate the stable with it or take their pumpkin home.
Decorating is optional. Your students will benefit from the riding activities even if the pumpkins are plain.
Painting: (Pumpkin must be clean for paint to adhere)
- Assemble newspapers, acrylic paints of assorted colors (go heavy on black), brushes
- Students can paint faces, words, or decorations on their pumpkins. They may want to paint the name or picture of their favorite horse.
To get the real procedure for painting pumpkins check out these directions at Wiki
Or Don't Paint:
- If you want to skip the mess of paint, have students decorate their pumpkin with stickers, googlie eyes, pom-poms, or mouths cut from foam board.
- Use a strong craft glue to get these to stick to a clean dry pumpkin.
Check out these festive pumpkin activities for your students:
Be sure to visit Hearty Horsemen's Fare and try your hand at Cheater Chili!